- Innovation -
JOINT ADVANCED RANGE SAFETY SYSTEMS (JARSS)
JARSS is used by range safety officers at our National Test Ranges and launch sites including
Eastern Range (ER), Western Range (WR), 30th Space Wing (30SW), 45 Space Wing (45SW), and more
Core Capabilities of JARSS
JARSS MP is a graphical user interface tool bench that provides tools and utilities used for range safety planning and risk analysis for space launch, reentry and unmanned aerial vehicles. JARSS RT provides a real-time graphical situational awareness display for landing vehicles. These systems combined are used to reduce and mitigate risk to the public and high value assets.
Fully integrated tool for launch, reentry and unmanned aerial vehicles pre-mission flight planning and real-time operations
- A graphical user interface tool bench
- Used for range safety planning and risk analysis
- Applies to space launch, reentry, unmanned aerial systems
- graphical situational awareness display for landing vehicles
- reduce and mitigate risk to the public and high value assets
- United States Air Force 30th Space Wing (30SW)
- United States Air Force 45th Space Wing (45SW)
- Edwards Air Force Base Support Personnel
- Ingests multiple data formats including: vehicle trajectories, fragments, weather, and population files.
- Allows the operator to create limits, turns and mission outcome models tailored to the mission needs.
- Creates the mission background data.
- Ingests live telemetry data and calculates probability of impact contours and data loss flight time.
- Displays the present position and vacuum impact position of the vehicles.
- Displays vehicle attitude graphic, XY plots, system status and vehicle events.
- The Eastern Range (ER)
- The Western Range (WR)
- Edwards Air Force Based (EAFB)
- Uses the innovative Julier-Uhlmann approach.
- Calculates debris impact dispersions faster and more efficiently than traditional Monte Carlo method.
- Probability of Impact (Pi) calculates range safety critical estimation of causality data.
- Computes Data Loss Flight Time (DLFT) table used by MFCO in the event of loss of telemetry data.
- Computes areas caused by a vehicle breakup.
- Provides a time buffer prior to sending the destruct signal to the vehicle, avoiding unnecessary destruction of a vehicle due to data drop outs.
- Ingests live telemetry data and provides situational awareness of a vehicle.
- Provides present and vacuum positions, using data displays, plots and world view 3-D graphics.
Two Versions of JARSS
JARSS Mission Planning (JARSS MP)
Used for pre-mission planning as a graphical user interface tool bench that provides tools and utilities used for range safety planning and risk analysis for space launch, reentry and unmanned aerial vehicles.
Is used in real-time during live-fire launches, vehicle re-entry from outer space, or UAS flights to provide real-time graphical situational awareness displays and trajectory parameters.
WANNA CHAT SOME MORE?
Send us a Message
WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
Interested in a former project?
We love answering queries, solving problems and accepting feedback suggestions, and ideas.